We have been hard on him because he’s been hard on us. But at the end of the day (although the day never seems to end with him!), he’s just a baby. Granted, a more difficult one, but still…
People tell us he’s very cute. He’s a pretty boy. What a lovely baby. We say “Yeah he’s alright”.
It is hard to enjoy a baby that is unsettled and waking a lot a night. Sleep depravation has made me snappy and crazy at times. I want to adore him the way I adore Audrey, but I think that’s going to take some time.
Rex is almost 6 months old and we have come a lot way since the “sleeping on me” days, even if we haven’t quite reached the peak of happiness we are hoping for… Anyway, I can say lots of positive things about him, because in truth, he is a bonnie baby (as well as a mighty mighty sh*tbag).
1. He loves a laugh. When he has slept and fed, he is generally quite a happy soul and Rex thinks peekaboo, sneezes, bouncing balls and the door bouncer are lots of fun.
2. He adores his sister. He gazes at Audrey with love and finds her very entertaining, it’s such a lovely thing to see developing.
3. He is very curious about the world. He grabs everything and anything and he loves to explore.
4. He has amazing hair. Like a Muppet.
5. He has excellent leg chunk.
6. He has soft milky white skin like marshmallow.
7. He has my eyelashes (as does Audrey) – these will serve him well.
We love you Rex, you little monster! But you had better sleep better soon!